NOTICE OF KEY TERMS
Commissions or referral fees
We may receive commissions, referral fees or other payments from the owner of any Third Party Site which is featured or referred to on the Site or from any supplier of any service to you which has been procured by ReduceMyBills
1. These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of the website under the domain name https://www.reducemybills.com.au/ website (the Site) operated by Equifax Pty Ltd (as the context requires, ReduceMyBills, We, Our or Us) and to any correspondence (by email or otherwise) between Us and you.
Third Party Sites
4. The Site may contain links to websites controlled, owned, or operated by third-party entities, organisations or people who have entered into commercial arrangements with Us (the Third Party Sites). Not all service providers are represented through Third Party Site links accessible from our Site. Links to Third Party Sites on the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. We have not reviewed these Third Party Sites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. ReduceMyBills therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the Third Party Sites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Declarations, consents and authorisations
6. You give consent to ReduceMyBills to make contact by phone, email or SMS for the purpose of arranging connections and disconnections of approved utility services. You authorise ReduceMyBills to supply collected information to other household service providers for the services including cleaning, removal, insurance and appliances.
7. You authorise ReduceMyBills to contact you via these means even if the telephone numbers supplied are listed on the Do Not Call Register. [Unless you opt-out, you understand that ReduceMyBills may also send related emails promoting other services provided by ReduceMyBills and other selected third parties.]
8. You acknowledge that all information supplied is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and that you have not falsely represented your identity in any manner.
9. You understand that We treat any personal information collected, used or disclosed by you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
10. You authorise ReduceMyBills to supply collected information to nominated suppliers and/or potential suppliers for the connection and disconnection of nominated utilities or to assist with obtaining other services including appliances, removalists, cleaners and insurance.
11. You understand that in the course of connecting utilities, ReduceMyBills may need to obtain an NMI (National Meter Identifier) for electrical points or MIRN (Meter Installation Registration Number) for natural gas connections. You authorise ReduceMyBills to collect these identifiers and consent to those numbers being supplied to utility providers.
12. You acknowledge that whilst ReduceMyBills is a free service, you are solely responsible for any and all amounts payable in relation to deposits, connections/disconnections or ongoing supply of the connected services and amounts payable for other services including appliance, removalist, cleaners and insurance.
13. You acknowledge that ReduceMyBills, to the extent permitted by law, is not liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits) to you as a result of the provision of any service. Nor shall ReduceMyBills be liable for any act or omission by any utility provider for any loss caused by failure to provide nominated services.
14. You acknowledge that ReduceMyBills may receive a benefit from suppliers for the provision for some connections or other services, noting that not every connection or service attracts a commission or referral fee.
Site Content, brands and trademarks
15. You acknowledge and agree that We own all rights to the Site and all the content displayed on the Site, including (without limitation) the ReduceMyBills logo, domain names, images, buttons, text, data, articles, design, source code, software, photos, images and other information (collectively the Site Content). The Site services, Site Content, trademarks, service marks, trade names, images and logos are proprietary to or used with permission by ReduceMyBills.
16. You agree that Site Content may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including (without limitation) electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without Our express prior written consent. You may not modify, transform, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative or modified works based on any Site Content.
17. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Site Content or trademarks displayed on the Site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment for any purpose, except with Our prior written permission. We prohibit the use of any of the ReduceMyBills trademarks as part of a link to or from any site unless establishment of such a link is approved in writing by Us in advance
18. None of ReduceMyBills, any of its affiliates or partners, providers or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors or licensors (referred to collectively as the ReduceMyBills Parties) guarantees the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of any of the Site Content and ReduceMyBills disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Site Content.
19. The Site and the Site Content is provided "as is", without any warranty, either express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or title. The Site could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
20. ReduceMyBills Parties do not warrant as to the results of your use of the content or that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of this Site is at your own risk. This does not affect those warranties which cannot be excluded or restricted under any applicable laws.
21. We may discontinue or make changes in the Site Content at any time without prior notice and without any liability. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and ReduceMyBills Parties do not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information. We reserve the right to terminate any or all Site offerings or services without prior notice.
Limitation of liability
22. ReduceMyBills Parties (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Site) exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Site, any Third Party Site or the material on such websites, including (without limitation) to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Site or your downloading of any material from the Site or any websites linked to the Site.
a. fraud; or
b. misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
c. any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
24. In particular, the Australian Consumer Law sets out certain guarantees that may apply to the supply of services by Us. Those guarantees give you rights that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, to the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability for a breach of any of those rights is limited, at our option, to the cost of supplying the Services again or payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again.
26. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ReduceMyBills from any claim arising from a third party's use of comments, materials or content of any kind that you post to the Site.
27. You acknowledge and agree that these indemnities are fair and reasonable in the context of the services being provided to you at no charge.
30. To the extent possible We choose to carry out all transactions by means of electronic communication in accordance with applicable law. You consent to using electronic means to form, or agree to, or bind you to, legal obligations. Therefore, where you indicate through electronic means your consent to Us acting for you, or your agreement to, or acceptance of, terms and conditions, offers and other documents, you will be taken to have agreed to, or signed, them.
31. You agree that if We are required, by law or otherwise, to provide you with any documentation you consent to the provision of that document electronically through the links on this website or any other means We choose to use. You consent to receive notices, information and other disclosures in electronic form We choose to use through the links on this Site or any other means.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated in July 2021.